I’ve got something big to share with you today! And I bet you might be able to guess just from the title of this post. Yep, that’s right y’all – Rachel E.H. Photography is expanding – to the Virginia Beach, Williamsburg, Norfolk area of Virginia! I’m now a Virginia Beach photographer too!
After about eight months of careful consideration, I’ve finally made the decision to expand my business to the Virginia Beach/Norfolk/Williamsburg area and become a Virginia Beach photographer too! You might also guess what else that includes: a move for me to Virginia Beach!
I very much wanted this post to be a ‘surprise – I’m moving!’ post that would’ve gone up last Monday, before I moved. But between packing, working my butt off, and actually moving – that did not happen. With all of that going on, there was little time to put together a proper blog post to announce that I’m also now a Virginia Beach photographer, so here I am, a week later, sharing the big news!
Now I get to look towards the future! And what that means for Rachel E.H. Photography. Here’s what you can expect:
- I’ll be dual-location photographer, splitting my time between and serving ‘the tidewater’ (as VA Beach/Norfolk/Hampton Roads/Newport News/Chesapeake/Portsmouth is known) and Williamsburg, as well as the Washington, D.C.-Baltimore area
- I can still serve you and your referrals since I’ll be working here, as well as hiring associate photographers to cover events and sessions from time to time (which will be predetermined and agreed upon at the time you book). More on that soon!
- A full website overhaul launching in October
- I can now serve referrals in the tidewater if you have them!
- I can now capture your memories if you take vacation in the tidewater area, Williamsburg, or the northern end of the Outer Banks!
- I’ll be taking you along with me in the moving process via my blog, newsletter, and Instagram, including decorating the apartment, scoping out new photo session locations, and all our beach adventures – especially Milli’s!
- So much more I haven’t even fully dreamed up yet!
I feel super lucky that I get to take photos in the places I love here (you’ll still see me on Capitol Hill, the Kennedy Center, and National Mall, to name a few favs!), while challenging myself creatively in new locations like the beach! Arlington has been a wonderful – like absolutely wonderful – place to live for the past 14 years. I loved being so close to the city, while being just removed enough. I’ve met people I love, eaten at probably every restaurant, worked, played, explored, started a business… so many things. Arlington has a piece of my heart and I appreciate how I’ve worked things out so I can be back often.
If you’ve been to Virginia Beach/Norfolk/Williamsburg, I’d love any tips you have for great beaches, delish restaurants, the best places to shop, or must-do outdoorsy activities – especially ones where I can include Milli <3
Now onto Sarah and Eric’s wedding day! You’ll see and read more in detail on the blog this week, but here’s a little sneak peek and a few of my favs from their big day:
Sunday, I spent the day recouping at my friend, Rebecca’s apartment. She’s been staying with her sister through quarantine, so her apartment was available for me to use this weekend. I am beyond appreciative to have had a place to stay that was warm and inviting, as well as close to my old apartment so I could finish up some last minute things there before turning it over on Monday.
Sunday evening I got to do an engagement session at a new to me park. More on the blog soon, but here are some sneaks for you to enjoy!
Did this post get you excited to book your own wedding, elopement, or engagement session?! If yes, send me a note and we can chat about what you have in mind: contact me
Hi – I’m Rachel! A wedding, engagements, and headshots photographer in Washington, D.C., Maryland, northern Virginia., and Virginia Beach / Williamsburg. I love taking photos of elegant people who love to laugh, as well as of much in-love couples. If you’re a dog owner, that’s a plus! I’m currently booking 2020 portrait sessions, as well as 2020, 2021, and 2022 weddings.